The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation revealed that The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 will be released for PlayStation 4 in Japan in next year’s winter.
Unlike its previous title, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is about “witches” and “illness”. The two main characters of the game are the Hundred Knight (voiced by: Kaoru Mizuhara), who is summoned by a witch called Cerca to battle at her command, and a girl named Amelie.
The characters are designed by Madoka Hanashiro.
Check out the characters’ overview below. (Thanks, Gematsu)
- Mimil (voiced by Megumi Han) – Amalie’s younger sister. She undergoes surgery for a third eye that appeared on her forehead, known as the “Witch’s Disease,” but it failed, resulting in her awakening as a witch.
- Cerca (voiced by Megumi Han) – Mimil awakened as a witch. She possesses great power and acts to her own desires and selfishness. She sometimes turns back to Mimil as her awakening was an imperfect one.
- Funinmugin (voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda) – Cerca’s familiar. He transforms from his original form as a crow to do hosuework as a butler. He’s gay but has children.
- Amalie (voiced by Sachika Misawa) – Mimil’s older sister. She belongs to an anti-witch organization known as WR (Weiss Ritter). She goes against the organization’s plans to protect her sister, who has become a witch.
Below is the important points of the interview with director Kenta Asano (courtesy to Gematsu).
- The chance to make The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 for PlayStation 4 started with the port of the first game. Since the first game was well received, the company decided to port the first game while simultaneously making it a series.
- Controllability and comfort are being reviewed entirely. I think we’ll be able to have a system that matches the story in 2.
- There is a new director and character designer because the story of Metallia is considered to have been completed in the previous game. We’re creating this title as a completely new Hundred Knight.
- The story is completely different, so there is no connection to the first game, and characters from the first game will not appear. However, elements from the previous game will be incorporated.
- The volume is about equal or greater than that of the first game.
- The basic action is the same, but the foundation has been changed to make action more comfortable, concise, and pleasant. Since any facets and tactics are similar to the previous game, the variation has been increased. You can also quickly switch between facets.
- There are no additional modes, but since the map is auto-generated, you can enjoy the story’s map as a side element itself.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: