While the normal RPG is about muscle, swordmanship, and wizardry, an RPG by Twelve Tiles titled Last Word is all about talks. Developed in RPG Maker by Merlandese, Last Word had been released for PC via Steam on May 8th, 2015.
Here is the general overview of the game from the developer’s website.
Photographer Whitty Gawship attends a prestigious get-together at the residence of the impressive Professor Chet Chatters. Members of the party are veteran conversationalists, each trying to gain subtle power over one-another. The mood shifts when Whitty and the others discover that the professor can get the last word in every conversation via his miraculous invention. Dastardly!
But what are the professor’s motives? And why invite a commoner?
Last Word is an unconventional JRPG-like. Battle sophisticated guests using words as weapons. Collect topics by gossiping to unlock mysteries. Drink wine. The night is young and no one can leave until the devious Professor Chatters says so! Can Whitty and Seymour overcome the power of the professor’s amazing machine? Or will they succumb to the saucy banter of the motley aristocrats around them? Don’t hesitate in getting the Last Word.
The features of the game, as provided by Twelve Tiles, are as follows:
- Unique battle system! Fight with the subtle nuances of conversation.
- Custom art and music! Experience a custom look and feel.
- Vocal SFX! Each character has their own sound. Listen to the quality of that throat clearing!
- Key Topic System! Gather gossip and use them like keys… for… word treasure!?
- Engaging storytelling! Get whisked away by a narrative brimming with character! And fun!
- Bow Ties! Learn skills and equip them using snazzy Bow Tie Points! (It makes no sense!)
Against Mrs. Falar Prattle
In the recent update of the game, the New Game+ mode is added. In this mode, players are allowed to carry over the Bow Tie Points (which enable players to equip more skills) from the previous playthrough, experience, unlocked skills, and also skip over tutorials and cutscenes. It is also possible to beat the game early in this mode by leaving the estate after Whitty obtained “Immunity“.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: