Mateys! Here is an update coming from the game with some series!
XSEED Games recently released a patch for the game developed by Nihon Falcom entitled The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II which is available for PC via Steam. The patch is already at 1.2 which covers several features.
Patch 1.2 Features
Some of the features are listed below, so please do read along (taken via Steam), mateys!
- Various optimizations to loading speed and caching.
- Fix memory allocation ordering issues, eliminating some types of crashes occuring on some sytems.
- Permanently cache battle UI images to improve battle loading speed and prevent some rendering issues.
- Correctly apply English localized textures for ARCUS covers when playing the English version.
- Reduce Z-fighting on support character cut-ins during Divine Knight battles.
- Fix flickering and shadow issues in Sachsen Iron Mine map.
- Eliminate visible texture seams at some resolutions on title screen and some shop screen tabs.
- Fix aspect ratio of cockpit cutins when playing in ultra widescreen.
- Pillar box shop menus when playing in ultra widescreen.
- Added 120 FPS and 240 FPS frame limiter options.
- Added experimental HD font option.
Aside from those, typical fix such as bug fixes and cache customization for the game’s experimental features (HD font and Larger Cache). HD font allow you to view the clearer font while Larger Cache will decrease the game’s load time (will work with this patch, 1.2).
Map Loading Times
You can view a video containing Map Loading Times below:
This patch allows you to take less time to from one map to another in-game.
The company previously announced the PC version and its requirements for this game too, for you who want to play this game in PC (to be ready to adjust the PC towards the required system).