In an interview with Dengeki Online, game director Tetsuya Nomura talked about the graphics and challenges in Kingdom Hearts III as well as a little detail on Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix. Here’s a summary of the interview:
KINGDOM HEARTS III
- Thanks to the current console generation and Square Enix Visual Work‘s guidance, the team is now able to create graphic elements which were not possible to implement before. These elements can be seen in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. 0.2 is a good preliminary example of how Kingdom Hearts looks like when developed for PlayStation 4.
- Situation Command feature shown in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is an upgrade of the Reaction Command introduced in Kingdom Hearts II. Situation Command is something that Nomura wanted to implement into Kingdom Hearts III since the development first started.
- The character customization feature in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- might also be implemented in Kingdom Hearts III, depending on the development schedule. There are other elements that have higher priority, yet Nomura intends to wait and see how the fans react to it in Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.
- The characters and environments were made using the first game as a base. However, Kingdom Hearts III is being developed for a more advanced console with hardware specs that are too different from the original. Therefore, everything needs to be remodeled from scratch.
- According to Nomura, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance indicated the direction of the previous games, which makes it a starting point for Kingdom Hearts III.
- Nomura wanted to share more new information on Kingdom Hearts III, but he is still determining the right timing, since the models are being created from scratch, and it’s progressing, which makes Nomura feels more at ease.
- Talk about timing, Nomura stated that 2017 might be the right occasion since it is Kingdom Hearts‘ 15th anniversary, and there will be many concerts and events. It has not been finalized yet, but Nomura asked fans to wait a little bit longer.
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 REMIX
- Tetsuya Nomura has clarified that there will not be anything new in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMix for PlayStation 4 compared to the PlayStation 3 version. Nothing new or changes in gameplay.
- Nomura also mentioned that he will not be drawing a new box art for the compilation, because the covers of HD 1.5, HD 2.5, and HD 2.8 are all connected, and drawing a new one would remove the connection.
- Sora’s position and the background in the covers plays a huge role as they are part of a message about Kingdom Hearts III.
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix will be available for PlayStation 4 on March 9, 2017 in Japan, and March 28, 2017 in North America, and March 31, 2017 in Europe. Kingdom Hearts III will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in the future.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: