Those who love medieval themed games will highly put this game on their wishlist. Ceres Games, a developer based in Bavaria introduced their brand new PC game. Get ready for the classically inspired fantasy role-playing, Realms Beyond. A turn-based combat and party system that lets you control up to six characters at a time.
You will be spoiled by the used of 3.5e ruleset from Wizards of the Coast’s Open Gaming License. Moreover, don’t forget that Ceres Games also the one responsible for the making of Spellforce 3 under Grimlore Games and Chaos Chronicles (currently canceled).
Here’s the rundown, via Ceres Games
Realms Beyond is a classically inspired fantasy role-playing computer game with turn-based combat and a party system that allows you to control up to six characters at any one time. Whether you yearn for an open world to explore at your own pace, tactical combat that allows you to plan your moves carefully, or want to lose yourself in the rich fabric of our world, trying to survive and make your mark, Realms Beyond offers endless choices, lands to travel, monster-infested dungeons and a host of storylines to follow. Adapting and responding to the player’s interactions with the world, you will find a depth and richness for your adventures that combines the very best of traditional gameplay with modern-day technologies. The result is a game world that comes alive, brimming with undiscovered stories, content, mysteries, and challenges.
- Turn-based combat, featuring many favorite spells, feats and actions, based on rules described in the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document (SRD) covered by the Open Game License v1.0a (OGL) by Wizards of the Coast, Inc
- Custom-built, isometric graphic engine that combines zoomable 2D and 3D technology to bring to the screen a never-before-seen amount of detail
- A bustling open world, spanning entire continents, replete with believable NPCs, complex cultures, factions, societies and a fascinating history
- Create a party of up to six characters, with customizable appearance, ranging from 7 different races and 8 different classes
- More than one hundred spells, each with unique, stunning visual effects
- Thousands of individual items to use and interact with
- An epic storyline, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
- Create your own adventures, campaigns or even entire worlds using the UrWelt RPG Engine framework