Publisher Critical Forge finally pulled back the curtains to unveil their upcoming tactical RPG, Forged of Blood. Set in medieval times with branching storylines, Critical Forge revealed the game’s official trailer that showcased gameplay mechanics and features for players to expect.
You can watch the trailer below:
From the trailer, we can see some modest previews of the game’s mechanics. Such as the game’s combat and spell-crafting system, along with war philosophies that make this game a lot more than meets the eye. A lot more than a mundane hack-and-slash or arduous grinding. Different choices and harsh consequences will also carve each player’s path in the game, as well as various engaging moral choices that defines every player’s experience.
Users can also register for the open beta by signing up on this form.
What do the developers say about the game?
Forged of Blood is pushing the boundaries of depth and mechanical complexity for the modern turn-based tactical RPG. Classless character building, strategic management, and small unit tactical gameplay combine to create a multi-layered experience that puts players in the middle of a civil war in a morally grey fantasy world.
A game of hard decisions and harsher consequences, Forged of Blood will challenge players to make decisions across every layer of the game. On the battlefield, character builds, turn-order efficiency, and positioning will be key to victory. While off the battlefield, your choices on the world map will determine the fate of your kingdom and future of your people.
What makes this game special?
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters any way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.