RoseVeRte, a Japanese indie game developer, is launching a new mystery VN soon! The game will be titled Cafe 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, which is a direct sequel of its previous title Café 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~. It will be released for PC through Steam, on November 11th. Even though it is a sequel, you don’t need to read the first episode, as it features a new story! Let’s check out the story overview below.
The PresentThe story starts in a village with an atmosphere akin to Europe in the 19th century.There is a big noble villa there where Corliss Green is working.One day she wakes up and finds herself in front of a weird café.Noir, the waiter, tells her that she has already died, but failed to go to the heaven and, as a lost spirit, she ended up at the entrance to Café 0.He later gave Corliss a chance to return to a week before she died.But does she really need to go to the heaven?And what is the truth behind her untimely death?The PastSophie Evans works as a midwife.She is a cheerful woman and everybody likes her.What is her relation to the missing incident 15 years ago?
- Two main stories which happen in the present and the past will connect to each other in the end.
- Multiple endings, and then the true route as the final conclusion of the story.
- Beautiful orchestral soundtracks by Seycara Orchestra.
- Fully voiced by 13 voice actors in Japanese.
- Pretty artwork, with various performance effects.