After much delay, Idea Factory International finally gave out a new Official Western Release Date for Super Neptunia RPG! The game will be available for PC on June 20, 2019, via STEAM. Additionally, it will also release for PS4 and Switch on June 25th and 28th in North America and Europe respectively.
There are also updates regarding the system. Previously, they have detailed the battle system. Now it’s time for skills.
Skills are attacks that characters can use with each Formation. You will be able to use them by either equipping items endowed with Skills or by learning said Skills.
You are able to use a Skill that is held by an item by equipping that item. By winning a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and by fulfilling the conditions, you will be able to learn the Skills held by that item. After learning the Skill, even if you unequip the item, you will still be able to use that Skill.
Skills Held by the Wooden Sword
- Area Edge – Inflicts physical damage to all enemies.
- Omni Might – Inflicts non-elemental magical damage to all enemies
- Drain Edge – Inflicts physical damage to one enemy and recovers 5% of max HP
In order to use Skills during the battle, you must set them beforehand. The Skills that you can set for each Formation differ.
- Selected Character (Character to change skills for) – You can switch characters with the L1 and R1 buttons.
- Skills set to the currently selected character
- Skills that can be used for each Formation
- Skill details
Only certain skills can be set for each Formation.
- Strike Formation – Skills that can be used in this Formation can be selected from the list below.
- Magic Formation – Skills that can be used in this Formation can be selected from the list below.
Abilities are skills that strengthen and support a character.
They are held by equipment (weapons・armor・accessories), and you can set them by equipping said item or learning that Ability.
- HP Bonus – Increases max HP by 10%
- Blind Guard – Blind Guard (protects accuracy)
- Auto Wall – Wall (increases physical defense) activates at the start of a battle
You can set Abilities by using Ability Points. By unequipping Abilities, you will recover Ability Points. (Ability Points will increase in accordance with a character’s level.)
By equipping an item that holds an Ability, you will be able to set that Ability. When you win a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and if the conditions are fulfilled, you can learn the Abilities they hold. You can then set the Ability without having to equip the item.
Super Neptunia will release for PC on June 20, 2019, via STEAM, June 25th and 28th in North America and Europe respectively for PS4 and Switch. It’s available in Japan as Brave Neptunia: Behold World and Space!! Ultimate RPG Declaration!! for PlayStation 4.