Steins;Gate Elite from Spike Chunsoft finally has its release date for the western version. Steins;Gate Elite will be released via retail and digital store for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe sometime this year. Check out the trailer here:
The PlayStation 4 and Windows PC versions will include a high-definition remake of Steins;Gate Phenogram (a collection of ten bonus stories written by talented writers like Kotaro Uchikoshi), while the Switch version will include Steins;Gate 8-bit, a unique 8-bit version of Steins;Gate made by series creator Chiyomaru Shikura.
The details of how to obtain these bonus games will be available soon.
Here’s a rundown on the game via Nichegamer:
Now, as Steins;Gate Elite, the game is fully remastered with animated scenes from the anime, creating a perfectly new, immersive experience. follows a rag-tag band of tech-savvy young students who discover the means of changing the past via e-mail using a modified microwave. Their experiments in pushing the boundaries of time begin to spiral out of control as they become entangled in a conspiracy surrounding SERN, the organization behind the Large Hadron Collider, and John Titor, who claims to be from a dystopian future.
Let’s check the features out:
- Fully Animated Adventure – Indulge in all the beautiful animation from 24 episodes of the Steins;Gate anime.
- A New Way to Time Leap – Experience the world of Steins;Gate with this remastered, ultimate version that features newly animated sequences for certain endings.
- Branching Storylines – Every choice you make has its own consequence, shifting the world line closer or farther from reaching 1% divergence, providing a multitude of animated endings
Is that all? No, of course it isn’t. We also have another news!
Another news came from Spike Chunsoft where they decided to release the localized Steins;Gate 0 will be released for PC on May 8th this year. The release will be the first PC release outside Japan. Let’s check the rundown of the game via Nichegamer:
Steins;Gate 0 is the sequel to the award-winning time travel science fiction interactive Visual Novel developed by 5pb. and Nitroplus—Steins;Gate—widely considered to be one of the greatest visual novels ever made and one of the best-selling Visual Novels ever released in the West! Branching off from the ending of the original Steins;Gate to an alternate worldline, Steins;Gate 0 sees Okabe and the Future Gadget Lab members return once again in a story centered around Artificial Intelligence and the creation of ‘Amadeus’ – a means of interacting with the stored memories of a fellow human being. Steins;Gate 0 continues the series trademark of delivering incredible science fiction storytelling with rich characterization that most games can only dream of and will delight both newcomers to the series and existing Steins;Gate fans.
See also the key features of the game here
- Steins;Gate 0 continues the time travelling theme – but adds artificial intelligence as its central hook.
- Help a group of young students bend time to their will and prevent the onset of World War 3.
- Beautiful artwork and engaging story for an unforgettable experience.
- Tells the story of an ‘Alternate Worldline’ – what happens if players failed the original story.
- Interact with the story using your smart phone – answering (or not!) your phone, and your responses, will determine the outcome to the story.
Steins;Gate Elite will have its western version sometime this year. The release will be available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch while Steins;Gate 0 will have its PC version on May 8th this year.