As you may already know, this game will be released in Japan on two different consoles: PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. There are some Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness differences between PS3 & PS4 version. For your information, this game is also called as Star Ocean 5.
Square Enix has just released the differences as you can see below in Japanese version (courtesy to Gematsu). The obvious difference between both versions is the display resolution.
This is the translated version:
- Game Content: Will be same for both versions.
- Cross-Saving between both version is not supported (You can’t load a PS4 save file in the PS3 version, and vice versa).
- Difference in features: You can share features and use PS Vita Remote Play in the PS4 version only. PS3 is not supported.
- Frame Rate: 60 fps on PS4 and 30fps on PS3. However, some parts may vary in both versions.
- Resolution: 1080p on PS4 and 720p on PS3.
- Graphic: The PS4 version will have finer physics processing for characters, backgrounds, effects, etc. Some objects and monsters at distance will be displayed, but the PS3 version will not do this. Some expressions are also reduced and simplified in the PS3 version.
Aside from the differences between both version, you can also watch the final trailer for this game. There are footage of the spaceship battle system, cutscenes, and more. Check the trailer below:
You can preorder the English version or order the Japanese version at Play-Asia.com
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness will be released for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 31, 2016. It will also be released for the western sometimes later in 2016, but only for PlayStation 4.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody knows by clicking below: