Developer Piranha Bytes along with publisher THQ Nordic announce the fixed date of an Action RPG game Elex. You may soon find it exactly on 17th October in several game stores. While the date itself is fixed, it is time for us to be familiar with the game. Before that, I advise you to watch this epic trailer.
Elex is set in a large post-apocalyptic science-fantasy universe which is inhabited by several creatures and characters. In its website, an overview of the game is informed:
Being raised as an Alb and fed pure Elex to strengthen your body, which also stripped you of all emotions, your world of cold logic and military discipline were all you knew. Set to rise through the ranks, a scourge to your enemies, your destiny seemed certain. Now, as the smoke rises over the wreckage of your glider in the mountains of Edan, you are trapped far from your home Xacor. With no access to pure Elex, you are experiencing emotions for the first time in your life. Stranded amongst your enemies and outcast from your people, in front of you lies a new and open path, as heavily laden with magnificence as it is with ruin. The decisions you make will decide the fate of the world. Magalan – will you be its slayer or its saviour?
According to the web, you will play as an Alb who survives the calamity by feeding Elex, the pure element capable of powering machines, opening door to magic, or re-sculpt life into new, different forms. Along the way, you have to choose your ally, and influence Magalan. Further features are explained below:
- Role Playing. You have to choose your faction and influence the world. Earn the trust of your companion by learning skills, attitude, and a proper choice to survive the harsh world.
- Combat. You can use variety of weapons. Traditional (Swords, axes, bows, crossbows, harpoon) or modern (shotgun, plasma rifle, a flame thrower) will be available and usable for you. Even weapons imbued by magic can be a real use for you. So, choose your own style and don’t forget to upgrade them though.
- Exploration. You must be familiar with open world, right? If so, this game is totally your thing, and will probably live up to your expectations. Five regions at once on your first play, explore it with freedom by your own feet or using a jetpack. And of course, meet your people (allies or enemies).
Along with the cinematic trailer, the publisher and developer pack it with a fancy collector’s edition:
The collector’s edition comes up with more details:
- A 10-inch-high figurine of an Alb Mage
- A 2-inch amulet in the form of a combat drone
- A cloth map, showing the world of Magalan
- The original score on CD
- An artbook
- The game’s manual
- The game itself