Are you familiar with the term plague doctor? Chances are, if you are acquainted by the referred term, most likely you would know what it means. You know, those creepy, shadowy figures with beak-shaped masks, jar of leeches in one hand?
Well, now you can play as one in Ignis Sanat‘s latest dark fantasy visual novel; Sanator: Scarlet Scarf. The game was the winner of the AniVisual Contest No.1 (the biggest annual visual novel contest) and was developed with the emphasis on atmosphere rather than gameplay mechanics. With the setting of a dystopian, dirty medieval period, the player delves into the dangers of unknown chthonic horrors. Ooh, spooky!
What is Scarlet Scarf about?
This world has fallen twice, and its future is happening on the ruins of a forgotten past. Technology has become like magic, and the mundane is considered a miracle.
On the ashes of megacities, new powers rise with only one goal: to discover how much they’ve lost.
Monsters lurk nearby.
Here, the children draw symbols around their beds so they won’t be dragged away at night, and mothers wish for them to sleep lightly rather than soundly. Every day is an endless battle, but death is not the worst possibility for the loser.
Who knows whether or not you’ll return after leaving home?
And if you do, will you be the same?
Нere, everyone is looking for answers, but they only find new questions. And the lucky few who still gain knowledge…
You wouldn’t want to be in their shoes.
What makes Scarlet Scarf special?
- Stylish artwork perfectly complements the text, forming an original way of narration.
- Full immersion into the occult dystopia of “Domus et Animae”—a unique universe, painstakingly built during eight years of labour and experiments.
- The fate of the Sanator is in your hands; experience four unique endings.
- Eerie and enchanting musical compositions, created exclusively for the game. A mix between serenity and anxiety.
- The free demo “Sanator: Chronicles of Reustadt” is a stand-alone story. A small prelude to “Scarlet Scarf” will introduce the main characters and reveal what had been happening in the city a few days before the epidemic.
What do the developers say about the game?
Anga always starts with the feet, to stop the ones who were seeking Richard’s life from running away. She simply mimics what she had seen in the dreams, and opens up the bodies according to the canons of dissection. Living bodies.
“Don’t you protect ‘all good men of Tentaria’?”
“Good men, Syl. Only good ones…”