Square Enix has released a new trailer for the upcoming SaGa Scarlet Grace at PlayStation Press Conference in Japan as a part of pre-Tokyo Game Show 2016 livestreams. In addition, the company also shared more details concerning the game’s 4 protagonists, exploration, battle system, and many more in the latest issue of Famitsu.
This game allows you to play as one of the protagonists one at a time as each of them has different personalities and different situations. The story also differs from one to another. Pick one of the four, and explore the vast world. Below are the 4 protagonists along with their descriptions. (Thanks, Siliconera)
A young lady with a cheerful personality, who can be a bit airheaded at times but has a strong sense of Justice. Born to the noble house of warriors, known as the Uranius, who are experts at the arts of dual-wielding swords that she has yet to master.
A farmer who is skilled with various farming tools and other tools. He’s difficult to approach, and isn’t one of many words. One day, after hearing a woman from the village who passed out saying “to Ai-Khanoum,” he sells his land and makes his way towards the legendary city, “Ai-Khanoum,” on her behalf.
A woman of ceramic arts. While working on her ceramics, she senses distortions going on in the world, which have been causing distortions in her own work. She decides to face those distortions by going out on a journey to find out more on its cause and origin.
A courtroom’s executioner. He carried out the executions for the Cohan Castle administrator Sigfrey, who has given the sentence to many people. And after Sigfrey was arrested by an opposing political leader, he, too, was executed by the hands of Balmaint. Prior to being executed, Sigfrey had a prophecy—“I will revive seven times, and justice will be carried out.” Balmaint will go on a journey to decapitate Sigfrey seven times.
- SaGa Scarlet Grace is using a free world system, which allows you to decide on how to travel from one location to another, and how to explore the map.
- There are numerous events throughout the game, and whichever the decision you make in these events will affect the game later.
- There won’t be any dungeons available in this game, since most of the events will happen in the world map instead.
- The battle is using a timeline system, which is shown in the bottom part of the screen.
- The timeline indicates the order of actions, including what kind of action that the enemies will take.
- Each parties consist of up to five members.
- The BP is shared among the entire party, and it recovers every turn.
- Party members can get status increase and buffs if the members are placed correctly.
- There are 9 types of weapon that are available in the game. Each of them has their pros and cons.
- Each character get to use each weapon.
- “Tech Spark” system will be introduced in the game.
Here are the other tidbits of the interview with the series’ creator Akitoshi Kawazu that were also featured in the latest issue of Famitsu. (Via Siliconera)
- A single playthrough will take anywhere between 30 to 60 hours
- The part about the story being vastly different for each character is similar to SaGa Frontier.
- You’ll have over six allies at the start. All characters you meet in the story can become an ally as well.
- Characters won’t go away when their LP hits 0.
- While there aren’t any plans for a demo, they may host a demonstration event.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: