Apparently, Pokemon‘s upcoming game, Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, isn’t the sequel of Pokemon Sun & Moon! You can’t judge a game by its title indeed! That was explained during a Game Freak interview featured for Famitsu Magazine (Thanks, Hachima!).
The highlights of the interview is as follows:
- Junichi Masuda is supervising the game completely.
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon is not a “sequel”, but a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.
- Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received.
- Game Freak worked on balancing bosses in Pokemon Sun & Moon by making them beatable by using strategies.
- Even though Sun & Moon is complete, the staff felt that there was still more about Alola region.
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.
- Characters from “Ultra Expedition Team” make an appearance at the opening of the game. They arrived from another world through Ultra Wormhole. The protagonists will be able to dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.
- There’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame.
- Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.
- There will be “Ultra Warp Ride” which enables you to travel to other worlds and even visit the world of Legendary Pokémon.
And that’s the end of it! If you still want to know more about Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, there was this huge batch of news coming recently. You’ll be excited about the game after reading it!