Nintendo recently just revealed more info for its upcoming console, Nintendo Switch. The info does not only cover the console’s details, but also the worldwide release date and list of games! Meanwhile, start the huge batch of news by watching the Nintendo Switch Presentation here!
Nintendo Switch Release Date & Price
This console will launch on March 3rd in worldwide. The price is confirmed to be 29,980 yen or $299.
Nintendo Switch Specs & Battery
The battery life is estimated to be between 3.5 to 6.5 hours on the go. Meanwhile, here’s the list of what’s included in the standard retail unit:
- Nintendo Switch console
- Nintendo Switch dock
- Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R)
- Two Joy-Con strap accessories
- One Joy-Con grip
- HDMI cable
- Nintendo Switch AC adapter
- Includes traditional inputs of previous platforms, such as two analog sticks, A/B/X/Y buttons (or directional buttons), and two shoulder buttons.
- Each Joy-Con can be used as a single controller. When playing this way, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) have the same button layout. When a Joy-Con is held horizontally, the buttons on top can be used as L and R Buttons (they are called the SL and SR Buttons).
- Capture Button: The Capture Button is located on Joy-Con (L) and is used to take gameplay screen shots. The player can then view, edit (add text of various sizes, colors and positions) and post them to popular social media networks.
- Motion Control: Each Joy-Con includes a gyroscope and accelerometer.
- HD Rumble: Both Joy-Con include advanced HD Rumble, which can provide compatible games with subtle vibrations that are much more realistic than before. The eﬀect is so detailed that a player could, for example, feel the sensation of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con. With HD Rumble you can experience a level of realism not possible through sights and sounds alone.
- IR Motion Camera: Joy-Con (R) includes an IR Motion Camera that can detect the distance, shape and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a player’s hand is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.
- amiibo: There is an NFC reader/writer located on Joy-Con (R). (This is also included in the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.) Nintendo Switch is compatible with existing amiibo; usage is game-dependent.
- Rechargeable: Joy-Con charge while attached to a docked Nintendo Switch system. They can also be charged using a Nintendo Switch charging grip accessory (sold separately).
- Colors: Joy-Con are available in multiple colors at launch: gray, neon red and neon blue.
- Release Button: On the back of each Joy-Con is a small button that is pressed to detach the controller from the main unit.
- Screen: Nintendo Switch has a 6.2-inch capacitive multi-touch screen that can display a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- Dock: The Nintendo Switch dock holds, powers, and charges the system, and outputs video and audio from the system to a TV or external display.
- Stand: A stand on the back of the main unit can be deployed to position the system upright in tabletop mode.
- Media: Game cards • Video Output: HDMI; up to 1080p resolution when played in TV mode (up to 720p when played in handheld or tabletop mode)
- Audio Output: TV Mode supports 5.1 channel surround sound. Using the system’s built-in audio jack, stereo speakers or headphones can be used when played in handheld or tabletop modes.
- Battery: Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge. While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged by plugging the AC adapter into the console’s USB Type-C connector.
- Storage: Nintendo Switch has 32GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system, and has the option to expand its capacity using microSDXC or microSDHC memory cards.
- SoC: Custom Tegra processor powered by NVIDIA
- Other: USB ports on the Nintendo Switch dock can be used to charge accessories such as the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Joy-Con attached to a Joy-Con charging grip. The USB ports can also be used with a USB LAN adaptor to connect to the Internet.
- Networking: Nintendo Switch can connect to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11ac) connection. In addition, up to 8 systems can connect over a local wireless connection in compatible multiplayer games. While docked, Nintendo Switch can also use a wired Internet connection by connecting a LAN Adapter.
Monthly Subscription Feature
There will be a paid subscription feature for this game. You have to pay for subscription to access features such as online gaming and ‘monthly game download’. For some time around the console’s launch, those features will be free until fall comes. In addition, like Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo will offer free games every month you’re a subscriber. However, they can only be played for free in that month.
List of Nintendo Switch Games
A whole bunch of games were announced during the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017. Not only that, but the official Japanese website also has plenty of games to show. Here’s the list so far:
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
- I Am Setsuna
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power Up Kit
- Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together!
- Super Bomberman R
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
- Splatoon 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Arcade Archives
- Derby Stallion
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Quest X
- Dragon Quest XI
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Minecraft: Switch Edition
- NBA 2k18
- New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
- Project Octopath Traveler
- Project Sonic 2017
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Sonic Mania
- Story of Seasons
- Taiko no Tatsujin
- Tales of
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Nintendo Switch’s Game Price
Nintendo Switch’s game will cost $60. The shape and size of the game cases will be skinnier and longer than typically-sized game cases. It will possibly look like PlayStation Portable’s game cases.
Nintendo Switch is launching worldwide on March 3rd.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: