Final Fantasy XIV‘s producer/director Naoki Yoshida spoke with Game Watch recently about the upcoming major patch and also plans for the new expansion. Here are the important points from the interview (via Siliconera).
- The Warrior of Light and the Scions, who helped end the war, will be more involved in Ishgard.
- Even though the Dragonsong War has ended, Ishgard will still be involved in patch 3.4 and 3.5.
- Similar to the previous patch 2.5 and patch 2.55 which lead the story to Heavensward (3.0), there will be big changes in patch 3.5.
- When asked about how long will the 3.x storyline keep going on, Yoshida can only answered that it will definitely be up until 3.5.
- Content such as item level upgrades and the timing of high-difficulty raids won’t change its flow, but they will continue adding more content, such as casual content on the even-numbered patches, so there will always be something for everyone.
- From here on, we’ll learn more about patch 3.4’s story, followed by announcements from the North American Fan Festival, then Tokyo’s, and after that we’ll start seeing rapid developments for patch 3.5, and finally a last announcement at the European Fan Festival.
- Yoshida confirmed that there will be more details regarding 4.0 in the North American Fan Festival.
- Yoshi-P will talk about patch 3.4 in this year’s Tokyo Games Show.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: