On this year’s E3, Nintendo has revealed a new story trailer–in English–debuted for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The trailer itself teases on who seems would be the major characters in the action-adventure RPG, along with the conflict that will revolve around the up-and-coming game. The game, which was initially set for release by Spring 2019, comes with both standard and limited editions. The standard edition will only benefit you the base game for $59.99 on Amazon. Alternatively, the limited edition–dubbed Seasons of Warfare Edition–will give you a Sound Selection CD, an art book, a steelbook, and a calendar.
Along with the crisp English voiceover, the trailer also reveals and teases us regarding the new gameplay mechanics to be implemented in the game. Watch below the English trailer that had fans going crazy, revealed at E3:
Previously exposed on our post about Fire Emblem: Three Houses, we’ve written about the background and the key features of the upcoming game.
What do the developers say about the game?
War is coming to the great land of Fódlan. Here, order is maintained by the Church of Seiros, which hosts the prestigious Officers Academy within its headquarters. You are invited to teach one of its three mighty houses, each comprised of students brimming with personality and represented by a royal from one of three territories of Fódlan. As their professor, you must lead your students in their academic lives and in turn-based, tactical RPG battles wrought with strategic, new twists to overcome.
As the story unfolds, your choice of house at the Officers Academy will greatly affect where you stand when the land becomes engulfed in war. After 5 years, former friends from the academy must now face each other on the battlefield as bitter enemies. Which house, and which path, will you choose? Command a party of warriors to move and fight on a grid-based battlefield, hire and equip new battalions to strengthen your units, and use Combat Arts to attack more efficiently. You’ve taught them well, and now their lives depend on your leadership.
What is so special about the game?
- The Officers Academy is home to three houses: The Black Eagles with house leader Edelgard, The Blue Lions with house leader Dimitri, and The Golden Deer with house leader Claude… Which house will you choose?
- As a professor, lead students in their academic lives and on the battlefield;
- A turn-based, tactical RPG that puts new twists on strategic battling;
- Freely roam Garreg Mach Monastery and interact with students in a variety of ways to bond with them. In the classroom, tutor your students to help them grow in the skill sets required to become specific classes;
- Fortify your units with battalions for the first time, utilize new Combat Arts to strategize your moves, and also, face a new type of giant enemy—the Demonic Beasts.
Now, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is set to release on July 26th this year for Nintendo Switch.