Compile Heart just announced a new RPG titled Death end Re;Quest through its game label Galapagos RPG! The game is currently still in development and it will be launched on PS4. Without further ado, you can check out the premises of the game from the Famitsu magazine below! (Thanks, Siliconera)
The protagonist is a programmer named Shin Mizunashi who receives an email from “Shiina Ninomiya,” who was said to have gone missing a year ago. Shin must take action in order to save a girl who is stuck and unable to logout from a VRMMORPG called “World Odyssey” that discontinued its development. Shiina has been existing as the only player in the bug-filled World Odyssey. Shin will work with NPCs who possess hearts as well as real-life coworkers “in” and “out” of the game.
- The game features turn-based command battles. Attacks can be evaded and countered. A character can freely move and take action within limited space during their turns.
- There’s a knockback system to hit enemies away. This system brings a strategic element that allows you to further damage enemies by crashing them into each other or by using it for positional advantages.
- The “Install Genre System” lets you install game systems from the real world in order to add a genre to the battle.
- By being in the bug-filled world the character’s bodies and minds get infected by glitches. Once the infection rate goes high enough it changes the character into “Glitch Style” that also comes with tremendous power. However, there appears to be some sort of negative draw to it.
- The world is filled with bugs so you’ll encounter obstacles such as “invisible floors” and “walls that you can walk through.” You’ll use various “Bug Action” that vary depending on the field and characters.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: