While Niantic will get to solve the international release pending issue as soon as possible, their CEO John Hanke has teased some new Pokémon GO features in an interview with Business Insider. The features will be implemented in upcoming weeks or even months, but it was nice to know what will Pokémon GO become in the future.
Below are the important features that have been teased in the interview:
- Trading Pokémon with friends or strangers. Pokémon trading has been “a kind of core element” for encouraging social interaction between the players.
- Improvements for the Pokéstops and Gyms functions. Hanke said that the players “will be able to customize their functions in other ways”.
- A global leadership scoreboard for all the Pokémon GO players
- An Augmented Reality improvements. The first step is to make your phone’s camera able to look Pokémon as in your home, on your sidewalk, or riding your bus. There will be more to come.
- Hanke also hinted a possibility of Pokémon GO coming to a dedicated AR devices – examples are the failed Google Glass experiment or Microsoft HoloLens goggles that project images into your field of view.
This picture might come into reality in the future 🙂
Pokémon GO is available now for Android and iOS. The game is free but will will feature some in-app purchases. Stay alert on your surroundings when playing the game (check our safety tips here). Read also other post related to Pokémon here.
What feature do you want to be improved or added in the game?
How much do you like this article? Let everybody knows by clicking below: