Publisher NIS America confirmed that Langrisser I & II will be coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Steam) early in the upcoming year. Along with that, the developers have also released a new trailer via their official YouTube channel.
You can check out the new trailer below:
The trailer showcased gameplay mechanics, enhanced visuals, and even the main characters that will be present in the next installments of the series. In addition, NIS America has also revealed the limited edition of the game for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
For US$79.99, players can enjoy the following benefits of buying the limited edition from NIS America Online Store:
- Langrisser I & II for Nintendo Switch™
- Langrisser I & II Visual Book
- Langrisser I & II Original 2-Disc Soundtrack
- Langrisser I & II Songs of War 3-Disc Soundtrack
- Langrisser I & II Collector’s Box
- Langrisser I & II Collectible Art Cards
What do the developers say about the game?
Langrisser I: The forces of darkness are descending upon the kingdom of Baldea. Take up your sword as Prince Ledin, and discover the evil that lies in the heart of the Dalsis empire.
Langrisser II: The forces of darkness once again threaten the realm. Thrust in between warring factions, it is up to our hero Elwin to navigate this war and determine which path will bring peace to this conflict.
Langrisser I & II is returning with both classic stories of good and evil now remade in beautiful high-definition visuals, reorchestrated music, and quality-of-life improvements to the gameplay and user experience that made these strategy RPGs truly legendary.
- A Blade Honed to Perfection – Experience two classic titles with new art, music, and presentation.
- Modernizing a Timeless Tale – Perfectly re-tuned gameplay for a modern SRPG feel.
- Langrisser and Alhazard – Two legendary swords, two legendary tales—brought back to life with new localization and a new character!
Albeit currently available in Japan for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, both games will be available worldwide in early 2020, though no official release date has been confirmed.