Almost a year after its launch on PC, Hyakki Castle announced two consoles it will launch on: PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch! This Hyakki Castle PS4 and Switch version will be retitled as Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle.
Featured above is the new trailer for the console release. In case you don’t know whether to play it or not, here are the game’s key features, taken from Nichegamer:
- Real-time RPG Action: Execute various tactics such as flanking, distracting, and more for your party in real-time as “Yokai” appear throughout the castle to bring death upon players.
- Twice the Possibilities: Split your group of assassins into two parties at any time to deal with traps, puzzles, and enemies for unparalleled strategy and party options.
- Explore a Monstrous Castle: The enormous castle is filled with cunning traps—some of which can only be solved by dividing your party—and tough boss monsters, testing player instincts and judgement.
- Explore Japanese Character Classes and Races: Choose to play as an Oni, Tengu, Human, or Nekomata with four distinct races on tap to add diverse skillsets to your party.
- Tutorial Mode: Learn to survive and defeat the Yokai and bosses in a tutorial mode that provides an in-depth explanation on all the mechanics and tactics needed to survive.
- Redefined UI Experience: Experience real-time gameplay with improved UI designed for console gameplay and beginners of the real-time dungeon RPG genre.