Yangyang Mobile, a Philippine-based indie game studio just landed a new horror VN titled The Letter via Steam! Inspired by classic Asian horror movies, the game was successfully funded through a Kickstarter campaign back in 2015 and now available for PC, Mac, and Linux for USD $19.99. In addition, the game is currently having a 10% launch discount! Check out our detailed report of the game below!
In the outskirts of Luxbourne City stands a 17th-century English mansion, rumored to be haunted by vengeful spirits. After reading a letter discovered inside on the day of its open house, seven people find themselves trapped in a vicious cycle of madness plaguing the Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
Will they be able to free themselves from it, or will they become another casualty?
The Letter tells the story of a seven people, trapped in a mysterious mansion as the players are forced to make decisions when facing various adversaries, such as mending a collapsing relationship, and even leaving a character to their gruesome death! Depending on the character and choices you make the story and ending will also be affected, ultimately delivering a vast and complex storytellings! In addition, the game is also fully voiced (English) and animated, alongside with painted CGs and backgrounds. You can check out the complete list of features below:
- Non-chronological storytelling with seven chapters, spanning over 700,000 words across all routes.
- Seven playable characters with varying personality and approach to difficult situations.
- Countless butterfly effects; the choices and endings you get for the previous chapters heavily affect how the succeeding chapters will play out.
- Full English Voice Acting (optional).
- Animated backgrounds, CGs and sprites.
- Beautifully painted art style, with over 80 backgrounds, 100 CGs, and 50 Epilogue CGs (variations included).
- Original soundtrack, with opening, ending and true ending theme songs.
- Quick-Time Events (optional).
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: