Sony Interactive Entertainment announces to us about the update for Horizon: Zero Dawn latest update. The update is now available up to 1.30 which comes with more details. Previously, they announced about the game’s map expansion, now they come up with even better updates: New Game+ mode and Ultra Hard Difficulty. Other updates include bug fixes and progression tweaks, all according to the PlayStation Blog. So, you will have to quickly inform this to yourself and others who play the game, obviously.
First thing first, about the Newgame+.
Here, you are back to your previous adventure (after clearing the game, of course) with even better equipments and items you earn in your previous playthrough. If Aloy in your previous playthrough has full gear and well-equipped, then you will get the stronger Aloy from the beginning of the game. The same goes for the Trophies (which there will be more challenge) and some stats. Additionally, you will have an advantage in making strong equipments from the beginning of the game too. The level cap is still not past the 50, and you may change her facepaint and focus. So yeah, pretty much advantages for you.
Secondly, about Ultra Hard Difficulty.
You will be given an option to choose the last difficulty of the game. You dare to choose it, you are stuck with it all the way through the end. Your health regeneration will be limited and the enemies are in their aggressive state. This will be quite a challenge for you, so you should prepare yourself if you want to choose this difficulty.
As for the details of the patch, take a look at the post below (credit to PlayStation Community for the details):
- New game+ added for players who want to play through the game with their existing gear.
- Ultra Hard mode is added for the players that are up for another challenge!
- Added two new trophies to the game: One for completing New game+ and one for completing New game+ in ultra-hard mode.
- Added support for all EU and US text Languages on EU and US games.
- Fixed an issue for some players in “The Looming Shadow” where two guards would disappear after Blameless Marad speaks to them.
- Fixed an issue for certain players with the Lodge Ropecaster where the ropecaster’s anchors that are automatically shot in the ground would not stick to the terrain while shooting from a crouched position.
- Fixed an issue for some players where bandit camps would incorrectly display as ‘Undiscovered’ within the world map if the player had cleared all bandit camps.
- Fixed an issue with “Cauldron Zeta” where for some players the quest log would disappear after completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered with the animations of Aloy. When the player would perform a melee attack and use the Focus almost simultaneously, it would cause Aloy’s upper body to twist unnatural for a moment.
- Fixed an issue with the humanoid scream and attack indicators.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where for some players the data points in Sobeck’s office were not obtainable if the player wanted to pick them after the explosion caused by Helis, as they had disappeared.
- Fixed an issue with the Tearblaster statistics being incorrectly displayed in the weapon wheel.
Progression Issues Fixes
- Fixed an issue in “Field of the Fallen” where for some players Erend would not appear and thus blocked progression of this quest.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where some players might teleport through the protester scene, blocking progression as Erend would not open the door to Olin’s apartment.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
- Minor text fixes.
Here are some pictures regarding the updates too (in case you are curious):
Credits to: www.playstation.com