Final Fantasy XIV is coming with a new Patch 4.5 – A Requiem for Heroes –. Square Enix has confirmed the release on January 8, 2019. Within the patch you will attain the conclusion to the Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood storyline and lead players into Shadowbringers. But off course you’ll get a lot more, as detailed below.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Furthermore, the Blue Mage character class will be rolled out in the week following patch 4.5. Players will have to reach level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job and have the main scenario of A Realm Reborn completed. There’ll also be a series of Blue Mage-exclusive content for you to tackle once you reach level 50 with the class in the form of The Masked Carnivale.
Additional patches are planned following the release of A Requiem For Heroes:
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
- Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System
More information on the upcoming expansion, Shadowbringers, will be revealed at the game’s fan festival event in Paris in early February.