Square Enix has launched Final Fantasy VIII Remastered for smartphone! If you buy it before April the 4th, you can get a discount price which is $16.99. Its normal price is $20.99
FINAL FANTASY VIII was first released on February 11, 1999. Beloved by fans, this title has garnered a great deal of popularity even compared to other installments in the FINAL FANTASY franchise, selling more than 9.6 million units worldwide. And now players can enjoy FINAL FANTASY VIII on their smartphone! With renewed character CG, the world of FINAL FANTASY VIII is now more beautiful than ever before.
This installment is a remaster of FINAL FANTASY VIII for PC. This application is a one-time purchase. There will be no additional charge incurred after downloading.
It is a time of war. The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its great armies against the other nations of the world. Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadia’s tyrannical rule and to prevent Edea from fulfilling her ultimate goal.
FINAL FANTASY VIII: Release Features
- Guardian Force (G.F.) – G.F. are summoned creatures in FFVIII used to protect the protagonists. Call upon them in battle to unleash their might and to increase their power alongside player characters. By junctioning G.F., players will be able to enjoy greater freedom in how they approach battles.
- Drawing – Obtain magic in FFVIII by drawing (extracting) it in battle. MP does not exist and players are limited to the number they have in their possession. Magic that has been extracted can be released on the spot or stocked for later use.
- Junctioning – This system allows players to equip G.F. and stocked magic to characters in order to increase their power.
- Battle Assist – Max out HP and ATB gauge during battle and activate Limit Breaks at any time.
- No Encounters – Players can choose to turn Battle Encounters on or off.
- 3x Speed – With the exception of certain cutscenes, players can choose to proceed through the game at 3x speed.