During E3 2019, Square Enix revealed the latest Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer. In this trailer you can see new footage, gameplay, and more importantly we finally see Tifa and Sephiroth’s face. The release date is also informed within the trailer, but Square Enix has revealed it a day earlier in 2019 Final Fantasy VII: A Symphonic Reunion concert.
As a reminder, the Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be a multi-part affair. This March 3, 2020 release date only applies to the first portion of the game. Square Enix has not yet revealed how much of the story this segment will cover.
Here are some notes from the presentation:
- Final Fantasy VII Remake’s first part is said to feature two Blu-ray discs worth of gameplay content.
- First game expands on the story of Midgar as a standalone game.
- There are two ATB bars that fill up over time in battle, and they fill up faster as Cloud lands attacks.
- When an ATB meter fills up he can enter Tactical Mode where time slows down and gives the option to perform various abilities like the Bravery attack.
- Using Materia, the ATB gauge is also used to cast spells.
- Barret’s combat is completely different with its own system.
- Every enemy has a focus gauge that allows for bonus damage when filled.
- Abilities and spells can also be bound to shortcuts for immediate action.
- The game is being made so that players can choose how to play their own way.
Below are details on the English voice cast of the game:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Rundown via Square Enix
The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet’s very life force as mako energy. In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic consequences that await him.
A spectacular reimagining of one of the most visionary games ever, the first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience.
Square Enix kindly unveiled a “1st Class Edition” for Final Fantasy VII Remake that is now available exclusively for pre-order in the Square Enix Store for $329.99.
The 1st Class Edition includes the following items:
- Final Fantasy VII Remake software
- Steelbook Case
- Bonus Summon Materia DLC
- Mini-Soundtrack CD
- Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife & Hardy Daytona
Square Enix also prepares Deluxe Edition will also be available for $79.99, and it comes with everything from the 1st Class Edition minus the figure. This includes the game, Steelbook Case, artbook, bonus Summon Materia DLC, and Mini-Soundtrack CD.
A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for $79.99. It contains a digital download of Final Fantasy VII Remake, a digital artbook featuring high-quality concept art, digital mini-soundtrack, and the Carbuncle & Cactuar Summon Materia DLC.
Additionally, all pre-orders come with a bonus Chocobo Chick Summon Materia DLC.