In a recent interview with Game Informer, the series’ producer Yoshinori Kitase clarified that the game will be released as multiple full-scaled games, inspired from Final Fantasy XIII series’ structure. In the full interview, Kitase also shared some other information such as Final Fantasy VII Remake may include spin-off characters and areas from its series.
Here is a quick summary of the interview. You can read the full version here.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake will be encompassed as multi-series part games. One part is comparable to one Final Fantasy XIII game.
- The team has already know the idea of how many parts it will comprise the remake, but can’t share any detail yet.
- They will try to incorporate some spin-off characters and areas from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII (Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus) where they find it suitable to give off some sense that other stories exist.
- The spin-off characters can appear themselves or just referenced in a dialogue. It will be difficult to follow up everything that happened in the FF VII universe, but the team will try their best to integrate it.
- Some fans seems to want the remake with just upped graphic and no change to the story and gameplay. Indeed, the starting point of the project is to upscale the graphic to Advent Children’s HD quality. However, given the 20 years since the original release, trends have changed and the team need to revisit and rethink the gameplay and battle system.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: