An announcement coming from Team17 and developer Pathea Games. Their farming sim RPG My Time at Portia is available in Steam Early Access. Moreover, this game is planned to be fully released sometime this year throughout PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
My Time at Portia Trailer
Overview via Steam Early Access
Start a new life in the enchanting town of Portia! Restore your Pa’s neglected workshop to its former glory, grow crops, raise animals, befriend the towns quirky inhabitants and uncover the mysteries this charming post-apocalyptic land has forgotten!
Armed with your Pa’s workshop handbook and old workbench, you must gather, mine and craft your way to being crowned the number one workshop in the whole of Portia. Be prepared though…it won’t be easy!
Inspired by the magic of Studio Ghibli, My Time at Portia whisks you away to a world of wonder that you won’t forget. How will you spend your time at Portia?
The town of Portia is full of unique characters for you to get to know. They will go to school, do their jobs, workout, and have fun. They also have unique stories for the player to experience. The player will be able to get into relationships with other townsfolk; whether they are looking for friendships, romances or even marriage.
Each player is free to make their own mark on Portia and immerse themselves in a warm, welcoming little town full of experiences.
The 3D sandbox RPG includes the following
- Crafting: From machines, to furniture, to clothing – gather materials to craft a range of items, and prove your building skills by taking on commissions from the town’s Commerce Guild.
- Farming, fishing and cooking: Expand your workshop and cultivate your crops, or land that big catch and cook up a tasty meal.
- Relationships: Make new friends and fall in love. Maintain your relationships to avoid jealousy and break-ups.
- Explore the Land of Portia: Explore all the locations throughout Portia. Will you wander the desert or seek out the Highlands?
- Character Customization: Create your builder. Choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, and features.
- Battle: Explore abandoned ruins and dungeons, and build your skills to take on even the meanest of foes.
New updates later to come
- Story missions, including the Marriage Life storyline!
- Locations, including ruins, dungeons, and shops!
- Items – including projectile weapons
- Features – keep, raise and ride animals, photo mode and birthday parties!
- Mini games and pub games!
- Seasonal events!