The latest issue of Famitsu magazine revealed more details on 3DS RPG The Alliance Alive! After previously released a teaser site, we now know that Suikoden creator Yoshitaka Murayama is going to write the story for the game! We also received more details on the characters and various game features (Thanks, Siliconera!) Let’s get right into it.
Garil: A young man who belongs to the “Night Crow” resistance group. He has a gentle personality, but is passionate with a strong core.
Ursula: A blonde-haired girl who is part of Night Crow. She has a fresh personality but doesn’t talk much about her intensions. You’ll catch her ordering around Garil.
Barbarosa: A magic soldier of the Night Crows. Her life was once saved by Ursula’s father, to whom she swore loyalty.
Vivan: A daughter of a noble magic family. She has a calm personality and is a historian with an interest in the human world.
Ignus: Serves Vivian as a the magic family’s butler. He respects rule and rank, with a personality that sort of suits demons.
Rachel: A mercenary hired by a guild of mages. Rachel is a warmhearted girl who acts the moment something comes to mind.
Renzo: A young man of the Night Crow. He’s a good source of information, has an optimistic personality, and is able to judge things calmly.
Jean: A mage of the anti-demon guild of magic. He’s observant, and doesn’t act on impulse.
Diggy: A girl who researches the Black Flow. She invents all kinds of things, and claims to be a professor.
Here are some highlights from an interview in Famitsu:
- The Alliance Alive comes from the result of research on the demand around the world, something that only they could do, an RPG with a balance in both story and gameplay.
- They wanted to make a world with a sense of variety, making it fun to simply walk around.
- There was a focus in going with a world map, something a bit daring these days. They wanted to make a world map that is similar to the ones we’ve seen in the past, where you picture the map in your head as you travel.
- Encounter rate and the distance between towns and dungeons are some of the adjustments that are being made to make things as stress-free possible for the players.
- There will be vehicles that expand your field of activities.
- A reason for having nine protagonists is because they want players to be able to find favorites for themselves.
- Great swords, spears, and other weapons will be customizable.
- There’s a battle feature called “Awakening” that lets you learn new abilities and get stat increases.
- Stronger enemies increase growth rate more, and there’s also another element that further increases growth rates.
- Parties consist of up to five members. There’s also a “Guild” system for powering up your party.
The Alliance Alive takes place in a fantasy world where demons have ruled the world for several hundred years. The world itself is split into several zones, with various cultures. There’s a total of 9 main characters, each with their own goals, connected to each other for a common cause. Hype!
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: