Eastward is a beautiful pixelated adventure RPG developed by Shanghai-based developer, Pixpil Games.Eastward, which has been picked up by publisher Chucklefish, will have its release for Windows PC and Mac.
Eastward is described as a “dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements” with a “visual style inspired by 90s Japanese animation.” Featured below, you can view a new trailer for the game and its latest build:
Here’s some key features:
- Single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meet a quirky cast of characters and encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art style, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan, The Tomorrow Children, Gorogoa), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks