Square Enix released a new debut trailer for this game during a broadcast titled “Dragon Quest Heroes: The Live Broadcast” yesterday. A bunch of Dragon Quest Heroes II trailers have been released since before, and this new debut trailer will add more on the game details.
You can watch below for the debut trailer of Dragon Quest II.
For your information, Dragon Quest Heroes is a new branch title series from the Dragon Quest franchise, with the focus on a journey by original characters being helped by other heroes from Dragon Quest series. The first Heroes game, Dragon Quest Heroes: The World’s Tree Woe and The Blight Below (heck quite long for a game’s title), was released last year for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC.
The action RPG Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the Prophecy’s End (long title seems a trend for Heroes series) is currently developed by Koei Tecmo studio Omega Force. This game will give a new set of protagonists and other original characters.
Like the previous Heroes game, they will be joined by other heroes from Dragon Quest series to help them in the journey. Apparently, the characters leave in a world where humans and monsters live in peace together. However, their world is soon plunged to a war and so begin their journey.
You can watch the gameplay trailers below:
According to Gematsu, these are a bunch of new details ensued from the live broadcast:
- The game flow will consist of town – field – battle stages.
- There are many vast fields with various terrains, including the forest, desert, and snow field.
- Weather will affect your gameplay too. For example, some enemies may change depending on the weather, and certain skills or magic power will be affected by certain weather.
- There are some field quests that can suddenly occur.
The Adventure’s Base
- There are various shops in the base, like weapon shop, armor shop, quest center, and alchemy pot.
- You can manage your party in Luida’s Bar.
- You can set and go into multiplayer mode in Rikka’s Inn.
- You can change job by talking to Dharma Priest. So far, the protagonist’s job can be changed into soldier, martial artist, magician, priest, and thief.
- You can change costume by talking to a Firespirit.
- Each of the protagonist jobs has various weapons that it can equip. Skills will also change.
- The weapons have a ‘dexterity’ concept. Also, you can learn a skill that come with that weapon after using it for a long time.
- You can also play cooperatively with other friends for “Story Battles” in multiplayer mode, up to 4 players at once.
- Cross-Play and Cross-Save feature for all the available consoles is confirmed. Also, PlayStation TV support is available.
- There are free DLC characters such as Luceus, Aurora, Doric, Isla, Nera, Bianca, Yangus, and Psaro. However, they are only playable in multiplayer mode.
- By importing save data from the first Heroes game, you can obtain a bonus costume. Importing Dragon Quest Builders save data will also net you with the Builder’s Mallet weapon.
The Current Box Art contains the 30th Anniversary Logo
Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the Prophecy’s End will be released for PlayStation 3 , PlayStation 4 , and PS Vita in Japan on May 27, 2016. There is no confirmation for the western release so far.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody knows by clicking below: