Some of you might know about this game, but some might not. If you see the keyboard and mouse icon on the featured image above and have one particular question about ‘why are they there?’, we have the answer. It’s a simple one. CrossCode is a 2D Action RPG made by Radical Fish Games and was released for PC on STEAM as an early access. The game’s age will become 3 on May, and the label is still the same, at least until this summer. CrossCode is finally getting a full release! Moreover, it also coming to PlayStation 4!!
As another introduction, below is its Gamescom trailer.
Yes, it’s kinda late, but you can see and get to know how this 2D pixelate RPG is called an action game.
If you want to feel the game before getting it after the release, there’s a free demo on STEAM or a web demo on its official website. Both demos are for PC, but you can try the PS4 one at PAX East 2018 from April 5 to 8—oh wait, tomorrow is the last day you can try the game! Guess you just have to try the PC version if you can’t go to the event.
Below are the game’s overview provided by Deck13 Spotlight.
CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future, combining 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.
- Feel the Retro-Hype!CrossCode delivers action oriented 16-Bit SNES feelings with a modern physics engine.
- Solve epic puzzles & quests! You‘re a fan of the Zelda series? In that case you shouldn‘t miss CrossCode as its puzzles can hold up to the classics!
- Explore the Dungeons! Even in a futuristic sci-fi world dungeons belong to a RPG which wants to achieve greatness.
- The Players have spoken! As of now 98% of the Early Access user reviews are positive – and there are quite a lot of them!
- Discover the CrossWorlds! Join Lea on her journey through the extremely colorful CrossWorlds rich in variety.
- Multiple Modes! There‘s more than just the story to explore. Feel free to discover the world in the exploration mode or just get into the ring and give the combat mode a try.