Previously, we were excited when Bandai Namco announced a new project for Digimon franchise. After being teased that the key theme for the this project is about ‘Smartphone App’, today Bandai has shared us some detail regarding Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters anime, toys, games, and other goodies (courtesy Gematsu and Animenewsnetwork).
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Anime
Below is the summary for the anime:
“Everyone in the world uses smartphone apps. But inside them lurks unknown creatures called ‘Appli Monsters’, or ‘Appmon‘.
The Appmon are AI lifeforms with the ability to think and act, and exist in the boundary between the human world and digital space to allow people and the system to interface and function. But in the vast sea of the internet, the “last boss AI” Leviathan takes control of the Appmon with a virus and begins hacking every system, thus starting to control the human world from the world of the net.
The protagonist, Haru Shinkai (voiced by Yumi Uchiyama), is led to acquire the Appli Drive (voiced by Wataru Takagi), and uses it to materialize Gacchimon (voiced by Kokoro Kikuchi), a search app monster.
What is the secret hidden within the Appli Drive? What is the mysterious field that exists between net world where the Appmon exist, and the real world? What is the “App Combine” that can combine two Appmons? What is Leviathan’s true goal?”
Haru Shinkai, the protagonist of the anime
Gou Koga (Xenosaga: The Animation, Doki Doki! Precure) will direct the anime. The script supervisor is Yoichi Kato (Yo-Kai Watch, Monster Strike) and the character designer is Kenichi Ohnuki (Gundam Build Fighters, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans). The anime is slated to air on TV Tokyo, Japan in this October.
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Games & Goodies
There are two trailers regarding the goodies (including the 3DS games) and an arcade game for this project. You can watch both trailers below:
This is what will be released, accompanying the anime version:
- Appmon Chips – 240 yen each. Chips featuring individual Applimon. Launching in early October.
- Appli Drive – 4,500 yen. A toy compatible with the Appmon Chips that has various modes and sound effects. Launching in early October.
- 3DS Retail Game – A Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 3DS retail game promising a grand adventure is planned, but has not been showcased. An eShop game will arrive first…
- 3DS eShop Game – Appli Monsters: Cyber Arena (tentative title) is compatible with the QR codes on the Appmon Chips. Scan in your Appmon and use them in battle. Launching this fall.
- Web Integration – Scan Appmon Chips with your smartphone to complete various missions.
- Appmon 7code Pad – 3,200 yen. Launching in mid-November.
- Appmon Band – 1,500 yen. Launching in early October.
- Appmon Pairing Cover Set – 800 yen set. Includes two Appmon Chips and a cover for the Appmon Drive. Launching in late October.
- Appliarise Action Figures – 1,200 yen each. Applimon figures.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody knows by clicking below: