After being teased about the western release by Crystal‘s director and producer last year, today we finally got the date. Through publisher Spike Chunsoft, Crystal will go to North America and Europe for Windows PC (via Steam) and PlayStation 4 on August 27, 2019. Moreover, this FuRyu-developed action RPG will be localized with English text and audio.
For when I weep, then I am strong.
A girl named Rei and Mirai, her little sister, are dragged into the afterworld of Purgatory. To save her sister, Rei signs a contract with the Demons of Purgatory to fight the monsters infesting their world. Rei and her fellow Executors must face their pasts and confront their tears to overcome the Torments and monsters ahead of them. Will Rei save her sister’s Soul before it’s too late?
Character designers, Riuichi and ntny:
- Riuichi: Character designer based in Japan. He specializes in goth-aesthetic themed characters. His Crystarcharacter design progress can be seen in this video clip!
- ntny: Character designer and 3D model creator. ntny has worked on multiple famous titles before CRYSTAR.
- Fight through Your Tears in This Action RPG: Combat the Souls of the dead as you explore the afterworld of Purgatory. Play as four different characters and unlock their memories to learn the truth behind their stories and secrets.
- Power through Grief: The battle system includes an otherworldly being who fights alongside you. Gather your grief and endure Torments to summon your Guardian!
- Tears Give You Strength: Crying will help you take down monsters and empower your equipment. In Crystar, tears aren’t a sign of weakness, they are a sign of strength.
Details for the pre-orders
The standard edition of the game includes the Summer Collection Costume DLC.
The Day 1 Edition on PS4 includes a mini-artbook showing the world of purgatory, by Riuichi and ntny.