If you missed playing classic tabletop RPG such as Dungeons & Dragons, then there is a new game that can bring back such memories. The co-op RPG Eon Altar has been launched on Steam, with Episode 1 is available to play for now. The game is developed with ‘bringing tabletop RPG experience to video game’ in mind. Some of unique things about the game are:
- You play it on your PC, but you will be able to co-op locally with up to 4 friends.
- You and the other players are using smartphone as the controller. The app is free to download.
- NPCs are fully voiced, but your characters are voiced by you! In each player’s smartphone, there will be some dialogues appear for your character and you can shout out the dialogue to role-play it.
Use Smartphone as the controller
Check out the launch trailer below:
Eon Altar is developed by Flying Helmet Games. The team’s personnels has many experience in AAA video game developers such as Ubisoft and Electronic Arts. If you’re interested, you can also read full the game’s description below, taken from the official website:
An ancient, malevolent force stirs within the depths of the Eon Altar, and it’s up to YOU to stop it! Eon Altar combines nail-biting action and turn-based tactical combat with an epic story of friendship, destiny and betrayal.
Your actions. Your game. Your way. You play your character the way you want it. Succeed together, or die alone.
With one Steam purchase, up to four players can access the game with our FREE Controller App, available for iOS and Android. Each player can use the Controller App to level up their hero, receive secret quests, consult secret thoughts, and choose lines of dialogues.
How to Connect:
- Grab the game Eon Altar on Steam;
- Download the FREE Controller App from the App Store or Google Play;
- Connect your Controller Apps to Eon Altar by using the same WiFi network.
- Each player controls the action on the monitor from their smartphone or tablet with context sensitive information. Not only do you control and upgrade your character using the controller App, you receive secret thoughts, quests and dialogue during the campaign mode.
- Choose whether to share personal information with your friends, or use it against them as you make impactful choices and forge your own destiny.
- Play one of five different characters, each with their own back story, decisions, quests and powers. Explore the dungeons below Tarnum in real time and fight in team-turn-based-tactical combat.
- Take your turns in any order for maximum tactical ownage, or even simultaneously for super speedy fights. Upgrade and manage your character without interrupting other players.
- NPCs are fully voice activated, but you voice your own character! Make decisions about how much you want to give away to the rest of your party, and how much you keep close to your chest.
- Explore a deep, compelling and original sword-and-sorcery fantasy world in real time, and fight in team-turn-based tactical combat.
- Defeat legendary enemies in exciting tactical turn-based combat in the Combat Arena as you are challenged by endless waves of enemies.
- Music composed by Tom Salta of the legendary Halo series.
- Rich voice-acted dialogues.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: