Classic action RPG lovers, meet Cladun Returns: This Is Sengoku! NIS America has updated the official website of its upcoming game with more story and character details! Cladun Returns features nostalgic graphic and retro sounds, with the Japan’s Sengoku Era as its settings! The game will be available for PS4, PS Vita, and PC through Steam, as fast as Spring 2017. Read the overview below.
Following are the official synopsis, taken from the game’s Steam page.
Set in Japan’s Sengoku Era, you wake up in the mysterious land of Arcanus Cella where the souls of the dead gather as they await reincarnation. However, some souls have unfinished business that needs to be settled before they can reincarnate. As the player, you will assist these souls by traveling to real-world locations in feudal Japan and fighting your way through dangerous dungeons filled with monsters and traps.
The player arrives at Arcanus Cella, where he will assist various Sengoku lords to lift their regrets as a soul. Players will challenge various dungeouns throughout the Sengoku Era Japan! You will be able to customize various weapons to pass through the enemies and traps, in addition to magic circles for training your characters. The multiplayer features both co-op and versus gameplays. As of now, 4 characters have been revealed:
- Yukimura – The first lord that the player meets in Arcanus Cella. He explains to the player what Arcanus Cella is, and teaches them how to release souls from their regrets.
- Ranmaru – He lost his master because of a certain incident and died filled with regret. He has an easygoing attitude and tries to get along with other lords.
- Chacha – The wife of a famous Sengoku lord. She’s very secretive about her “passion.” Whatever it is, it’s also the source of the regret weighing on her soul.
- Masamune – A lord known as “The One-Eyed Dragon.” He died never knowing why he was called “The One-Eyed Dragon.” And thus did his soul become burdened by regret.
Other named lords that will appear in the game are: Naomasa Li, Musashi Miyamoto, Sen no Rikyu, Muneshige Tachibana, and Kiyomasa Kato. There are a total of 50 lords you can befriend with!
- Pixel-Perfect Customization – Design your character’s appearance and equipment down to the individual pixel with the pixel editor! Once you’re done, share the data to let other players add them to their own game!
- Magic Circle Power – With the Magic Circle system, your allies can empower and protect your character! Assign artifacts and arrange them into formations to maximize your power and abilities.
- Madcap Multiplayer – Team up with your friends in Co-op Mode to take on dungeons, or compete in Versus Mode to collect the most points! Speed-run lovers can also try to secure a spot in the online leaderboards by clearing dungeons as fast as possible!
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: