Square Enix released a new trailer for their upcoming Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!. This is the return of the 2007 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon but with new gaming systems. The trailer showcases gameplay, Buddy System that allows you to befriend every monster in the game, Job Change System that lets you change into all kinds of jobs, and many more.
Full rundown via 4Gamer
The game is a remake of Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon. The plot focuses on an inventor, Cid, and his Chocobo friend who were ending up in the town named Lostime inside the island of Memoria while searching for the Timeless Power gem.
The inhabitants seemed to be cursed to lose their memories, until Chocobo (with the help of strange boy who fell from the sky called Raffaello) entered dungeons made of memories to those memories back. Alongside with Cid and Raffaello, Chocobo also made friends with kindly Shirma who wanted to help the town too, and the moogle, Dungeon Hero X.
The dungeons, much like other dungeon with similar look. The difference is when the player performs an action, all monsters take an action straight after. When you step forward, so do they. This can lead to you walking right into their attacks.
Chocobo can learn new jobs from memories (dungeons) and change its job at a dungeon entrance. The more a job levels up, the better its stats are and the more abilities that are unlocked. Knight has high HP and Defense. It can use Power Slash to knock foes back. Black Mage can deal high damage in an instant with spells like Fire, Ice, and Thunder. The Alpha class from Final Fantasy XIV can also be used. An all-rounder who can attack and support. At max level it will learn the Mysterious Card ability that can produce random effects.
The game will feature new challenging dungeons like “Narrow Dimension” and “Bottomless Desire”. In addition a dungeon based on the raid dungeon “The Bend of Time: Omega” from Final Fantasy XIV will also appear.
There’s a new system called Buddy System. When you defeat monsters, they’ll drop “buddy points” for monsters of that species or tribe. With enough points, you can bring a monster into the dungeon with you as an AI controlled ally. In addition to this, the player can bring along characters like Cid and Shirma as a buddy into dungeons.
Bonuses for pre-ordering from specific stores in Japan
- Those who pre-order will get an Alpha Chocobo Buddy. Your Chocobo drop attack will hit all surrounding enemies.
- Those who pre-order on the Nintendo E-Shop will get an Astronaut Chocobo Buddy. It’s Ultimate Fire attack can penetrate up to six enemies.
- Those who pre-order on the PlayStation Store will get a Beast Master Chocobo Buddy. While no special attack is listed, it seems it acts as a healer.
- Those who pre-order on the Square Enix E-Store will get a Red Mage Chocobo Buddy. It’ll let you use Maxim to attack enemies up to three squares away with “Pure Magical Power.”
- Those who pre-order via Amazon in Japan will get a Dragoon Chocobo Buddy. It’s a Holy Lance that can shot out to three directions up to two squares and penetrate through enemies.