Chaos;Child will be having a PC version in the west, and Spike Chunsoft has reveals the release date.
Two years ago, PQube said to bring the Visual Novel to the west. Meaning, the will have it localized. Then, a collector’s edition appeared. They also shared a trailer that introduces Chaos;Child’s various main characters.
This year, the said Visual Novel is getting a PC version on STEAM and will be available on January 22nd, 2019. There’s also a limited edition that includes the game itself and soundtracks. You better grab it fast, because there’s a 10% discount going on for the limited edition at the first week after release.
Following the release date announcement is another trailer, which we can watch on its STEAM page. But, nichegamer also provides us the clip that they uploaded on their YouTube channel.
Below is a rundown of the game provided by STEAM.
It’s been six years since a massive earthquake leveled the city of Shibuya. Now, in October 2015, while researching a number of recent murders, Takuru Miyashiro realizes a horrible truth. These murders are the return of a series of killings that plunged Shibuya into terror six years ago. And at the same time, people called gigalomaniacs, with the powers to make their delusions real, are beginning to awaken…
- Discover A Darker Japan – Explore Shibuya in 2015, after an earthquake nearly levelled the city six years prior, and try to outsmart the puppet-master behind this New Generation Madness.
- Track Down A Serial Killer – Play as Takuru, an arrogant senior and the newspaper club president, and discover the pattern in a series of bizarre deaths around you that the police can’t seem to crack.
- Unravel The Mystery – Investigate gruesome, supernatural murders with a team of uniquely talented friends.
- Pick Your Delusions – Choose to explore disturbing nightmares or pleasurable daydreams to affect the different realities that Takuru perceives, and change your story.
- See The Bigger Picture – Unlock SIX endings by changing the course of your team’s investigations and relationships, and understand the characters and plot in depth.
- Outstanding Artistic Value – Enjoy beautiful and ethereal art work in this stunning visual novel from the Science Adventure series.
- From The Creators Of Steins;Gate – A stand-alone story with a brand new cast, extensive replayability and ties to the Steins;Gate universe!
Another thing worth mentioning is Chaos;Child have mature content.
This is visual novel in which players assume the role of a high-school student investigating a series of mysterious deaths in Tokyo. Some scenes depict still images of characters engaged in violent acts: characters threatening people with knives, strangling other characters, and involved in torture. Crime scenes are graphically depicted with extensive blood-splatter and large amounts of text detail. Corpses are frequently depicted with bloodstains and sometimes mangled fingers, dangling entrails, or exposed brains. The game also contains sexual material, in still images and text; references to sexual fetishes and masturbation. Still images also depict partially exposed breasts and buttocks. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.
As people have said, viewer discretion is advised.