Together with FuRyu, the scenario writer of Persona 1 and Persona 2, Tadashi Satomi, is back again with another interesting RPG titled Caligula for PS Vita. This game is directed by Takuya Yamanaka, developed by Aquria, characters designed by Oguchi, and music composed by Tsukasa Mako. Check out the teaser trailer below.
The game sets in a virtual reality world called Mobius where all human beings in it become an ideal high school student and spend their high school life on a loop. Most of the people within Mobius do not realize that they are actually in a virtual reality. But, for some reason, each of the nine protagonists are able to realize that they are not in a real world. Therefore, they decided to form the “Going Home Club” in order to find a way back to the real world. However, some of the members actually suffered in the real world found salvation in Mobius, and they carry a darkness within them that cannot be shared with others.
As has been mentioned above, Mobius is a virtual reality world where everything is ideal. Created by the vocal software “μ“, it is a place for human beings to escape from the despair of reality, and those who are saved by her (μ) song are granted their every dream. Weirdly enough, everyone inside Mobius is living a looping high school life regardless of their age.
Here’s the list of the characters of the game:
- μ (voiced by Reina Ueda) is a man-made vocal software, the creator of Mobius in order to save the protagonists from the bitter reality. μ is also considered as the God of Mobius.
- Hero (voiced by Chiharu Sawashiro) is the main character of the game, and also the president of the Going Home Club.
- Kotono Kashiwaba (voiced by Rie Murakawa)
- Shogo Satake (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Mihue Shinohara (voiced by Rie Takahashi)
- Kotaro Tomoe (voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya)
- Suzuna Kagura (voiced by Minami Tanaka)
- Izuru Minesawa (voiced by Yuichiro Umehara)
- Naruko Morita (voiced by Ari Ozawa)
- Kensuke Hibiki (voiced by Shouta Aoi)
The protagonists of Caligula
On the other hand, the antagonists of the game are called the “Ostinato Musicians“, who are the composers that provide music for μ as they aim to stop the protagonists from escaping Mobius for they are considered as the traitors to the order of Mobius.
The Ostinato Musicians consist of:
- Kagi-P (40mP) (voiced by Shouta Aoi)
- Sweet-P (Oster Project) (voiced by Emi Nitta)
- Shounen Doll (PolyphonicBranch) (voiced by Yumiri Hanamori)
- Mirei (Chouchou-P) (voiced by Eriko Nakamura)
- Ike-P (Asa) (voiced by Soma Saito)
- Shadow Knife (164) (voiced by Yuma Uchida)
- ??? (YM) (voiced by ???)
- Throrn (cosMo@bousou-P) (voiced by Yuka Otsubo)
- ??? (Mitoki-P) (voiced by ???)
Caligula gameplay screenshots (click to enlarge)
From the interview with Famitsu, here are a few other minor details:
- Instead of appearing in the game, the term “Caligula” refers to the concept of wanting to see things that are not allowed to see and to do the prohibited (taboo).
- The characters introduced in the game have violated many kinds of taboo.
- A certain taboo was created by the developer which the developer decided to avoid, but the scenario writer created a character that has fully violated the taboo instead, and that character is going strong.
- The music for μ is composed by composers that are active in video upload websites.
- Even though the combat is as flashy as an action game, it is actually command based, so players can enjoy the flashy battle while making decisions for the next step.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: