A common reoccurring mini-game in the Dragon Quest series is the Casino. Like most of the series, the Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age casinos are filled with excellent prizes that can give you a huge advantage in battle, or just cool items that you won’t be able to find elsewhere. Like real life, winning at the casino requires a bit of luck, but since this is a video game there are some tips and tricks that can be used to get the odds in your favor.
There are two casinos—one in Puerto Valor relatively early in the game, and another casino in Octagonia. The first thing you want to do before entering or playing in any casino is to save your game first. If anything goes wrong you can always reload your game and try again. The first thing you want to do inside a casino is to have a good starting threshold of tokens. Exchange gold for some tokens, a good starting amount would be 500 tokens. These are the currency you bet with and later exchange for prizes.
There are three types of games you can play to win tokens: Poker, Roulette or Slots.
- Poker is a simple game where you choose what cards to keep and if you match any of pair listed above, you will win some tokens. Poker’s payout isn’t big, but it can be a steady game to win tokens as a starting point.
- Slots is the most reliable way of winning tokens, and requires hardly any effort. One key aspect you want to do know is speaking to some of the workers in the casino can let you know which machine is hot.
- Roulette lets you choose to gamble on a number, group or color or a combination of numbers. Roulette is the perfect game to get instantly rich if you have a massive token threshold (Over 20,000).
With the games outlined, let’s quickly talk about the casinos in Dragon Quest XI and their available prizes.
EARN GOLD QUICK AND EASY IN DRAGON QUEST XI – PUERTO VALOR CASINO
The first casino you will gain access to early on is Puerto Valor Casino. The Puerto Valor Casino has some powerful equipment in its prize list, such as the Platinum Powersword.
- Down the Rabbithole (500 Tokens)
- Mercury’s Bandana (2500 Tokens)
- White Shield (5000 Tokens)
- Yggdrasil Leaf (5000 Tokens)
- Infernails (7500 Tokens)
- Staff of Sentencing (7500 Tokens)
- Arriviste’s Vest (10,000 Tokens)
- Elevating Vest (10,000 Tokens)
- Spangled Dress (25,000 Tokens)
- Platinum Sword (50,000 Tokens)
- Lightning Lance (75,000 Tokens)
- Platinum Powersword (100,000 Tokens)
EARN GOLD QUICK AND EASY IN DRAGON QUEST XI – OCTAGONIA CASINO
The Casino in Octagonia is rigged in your favor. Every jackpot target is easy to reach, the reason for this is that all the prize in here are actually trash until you have cleansed the monsters from this casino. The prize you see here are expensive and have a bunch of question marks written on their names. After visiting the VIP room with the Love Potion is when this casino will have its real prize list out. However, any winnings you have gained during the monster ownership will be completely removed.
Prize List (During Monster Ownership)
- Love Potion (500 Tokens)
- Medicinal Herb (25,000 Tokens)
- Cypress Stick (50,000 Tokens)
- Horse Manure (100,000 Tokens)
- Boxer Shorts (500,000 Tokens)
- Magic Water (1,000,000 Tokens)
Prize List (After Monster Removal)
- Love Potion (100 Tokens)
- Sage’s Elixir (1000 Tokens)
- Bow Tie (3000 Tokens)
- Your Very Own Aegis of Illusions (5000 Tokens)
- Molten Globules (20,000 Tokens)
- Cheat Sheet (30,000 Tokens)
- Imp Knife (60,000 Tokens)
- Scandalous Swimsuit (70,000 Tokens)
- Fire Ball (80,000 Tokens)
- Twinkling Tuxedo (200,000 Tokens)
- Shimmering Dress (200,000 Tokens)
- Happy Hat (300,000 Tokens)
- Gringham Whip (7,500,000 Tokens)
So those are the cues you need to earn big bucks in Dragon Quest XI! Although it might seem risky, the huge amount of payout you could get is certainly worth the time. Leave your thoughts and comments down below on what you want to see more about from the Dragon Quest series.