Square Enix shared the details on what will be included in the day one patch for Final Fantasy XV. The company also released two versions of Final Fantasy XV 101 trailers: one is the regular version while the other one is the extended version. These trailers show the basic of Final Fantasy XV such as combat system, real-time battle action, weapons, in-depth introductions to Noctis and his three comrades, and much more.
DAY ONE PATCH
This patch is called “Crown Update“, and includes the following. Do keep in mind that these are translated from Japanese, so some terms and ability names may slightly differ from the official English details. (Thanks Dualshockers)
- Implemented actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer by Digic Pictures in the game
- Warp Drop Kick (When daggers are equipped).
- Backward Warp magic (Elemental magic activation at short range).
- Here are some example of Wait Mode exclusive abilities implemented to improve the experience with Wait Mode.
- Libra Speed Increase – You’ll be able to receive information via Libra quickly.
- Wait Gauge Recovery – Wait Gauge recovers when defeating the enemy.
- Surprise Attack Warp Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you, it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
- Final Blow Shift Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that has less than half its HP, the damage multiplier increases.
- Added screen effects during the battle to make it easier to understand the HP status.
- When HP is lower than 25%, the whole screen is covered by a bright red filter.
- When in a pinch, the whole screen is covered by a dark red filter.
- The “Enemy Whistle” has been implemented. You can summon monsters, but they won’t always appear.
- The movement executed at the time of an MP Burst is canceled. Trying to warp when in MP Burst will cause the move to fail.
- It will be possible to warp forward in the field even outside of battles.
- The item “Music player” has been implemented, allowing you to listen to your favorite songs even while walking.
- A gallery has been added to the menu, and it will display the dishes cooked by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
- Opening the menu during auto-drive won’t stop the driving.
- Added the “Regalia Shop,” that will allow you to shop while riding in the Regalia.
- Added cutscenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the Omen trailer, which could not fit on the disk.
Improvement of other areas
- Various bug fixes.
- Adjustments to improve the comfort of gameplay.
- Camera adjustments in narrow spaces.
- Improved menu operability.
- Addition of features to enhance convenience.
- Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience.
- Made changes to towns to fit the scenario.
- Made changes to the open world to fit the scenario.
- Enhancement of content.
- Adjusted side-quest balance, added dish types, added fish types and fishing spots.
- Improvement of the Leviathan boss battle.
- Brushed up the encounter against Leviathan and further improved the battle experience.
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
How much do you like this article? Let everybody know by clicking below: