Here is the new game for you all, the all-new retro-styled RPG.
Daath Origin, a retro-styled RPG is developed by Black Lodge Games under the idea of a sole person named Jeff. The RPG is said to narrate about space, managing a crew with lots of fragile human lives, protecting or exploiting them.
Moreover, Jeff commented about the game he developed:
“I tried to make a dark and deep space game, it’s a dark and deep turn-based RPG that was inspired by a mixture of “Star Control 2” and “Final Fantasy 6”
So you see, the developer said that he is inspired by Star Control 2 and Final Fantasy 6 to create this game. If you ask me, this is quite an interesting combination between space-themed game and fantasy game. The details of the game is explained in this site, the official Black Lodge Games site.
Moreover, there are also features offered by the game (credits to steam):
- A giant galaxy to explore, broken down into 36 sectors
- Over 500 handcrafted planets to explore in space, in-orbit, on the “surface” (or just send an away team!)
- Command your away teams, level them up, invade ships & explore sites of interests across the multiverse
- Spatial anomalies that bend time & space, transport you across the galaxy, or even into alternate dimensions
- Your actions change how the rest of the galaxy perceives you: with good, neutral, and evil alignments
- Multiple factions to join or to destroy, with devastating consequences for the rest of the galaxy
- Promote a skilled crew member each time you level up, but don’t let them mutiny later based off of your actions
- When battling enemies, you have the ability to target specific systems such as Life Support or Main Power
- Over 75 unique quests created by the developer, with another 20+ respawning random quests for good measure
- Tons of post “main quest” content, and a lore friendly New Game+ to play once you’re ready
- Epic “Ultra Bosses” and tons of hidden items and secrets for the discerning role player
- Collect and mine resources, which can be Atom Printed into weapons, armor, and items for your starship
- 26 main crew members, including 9 Executive Officers to help in your journey
- 26 playable classes bring divergent content, bonuses and story branches from the very start!
- and more…
In addition, the developer already arranged and composed the game’s soundtrack, which has a total of 31 songs, along with HD Graphics, programming, as well as the story. You will witness the combination of retro and modern-styled games, by playing Daath Origin. That’s it, if you are interested in playing retro-styled as well as space-themed game.